Samstag, 6. September 2008

+++Why the caged bird sings

+++"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything." - Tyler Durdan.

I have realized something. There are these moments in the life of every man that are simply... well, there is no real adjective for it. But these moments are different from the rest of your life, like a moment of absolut peace and silence in a traffic jam or, in my case, at the trainstation in Lehrte today. Or more, yesterday, since its past midnight by now. I mean Saturday.

I was sitting there, thinking about this quote, of how after you loose everything that is important or seems important to you, you are absolutely free, because you have nothing to loose.
But then on the other hand I wonder, what kind of freedom do you need?
I mean yeah, its kinda gay if all you live for is buying new stuff, yeah. But there are things worth keeping. Friends, for example. Or my bike, since it gives me the pleasure of beeing able to go anywhere i'd like to.
But the main point is, that I don't think humans can handle freedom. We want to be caged, because the limitless possibilities of life can be so disturbing, so confusing. It is good to know, that we don't have that many options, because our poor little minds would be overwhelmed by it.

1 Kommentar:

Aitch hat gesagt…

three apes would live in the cage of the catcher...